Monday, August 3, 2009

Running of the Brides!

Two years ago when my sister got engaged we "Ran with the Brides" at Filene's Basement at Washington D.C.'s Mazza Gallerie. We braved the madness and came out victorious - she found a beautiful Amsale gown at a teeny tiny fraction of the cost. Well this past week, it was my turn. My team of lovely ladies joined me on the D.C. streets starting at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday where we spent the night on the pavement or curled up in camping chairs for the sake of finding that perfect dress. We were fifth in line, and when the doors opened at 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning, we stormed Filene's and managed to get our hands on a gazillion dresses.

Sadly, I have to report that I was unable to find the right dress which seems nearly impossible when you consider the sheer quantity and unbelievable prices, but Filene's didn't hold the same luck for me as it did my sister. While we did come back empty handed, all was not lost, because I got to spend a seriously fun bonding night with my girls that mean the world to me, and who I so rarely get to see!

Here are a few of the pictures from our whirlwind dress hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment